AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this information would have been extremely helpful to me when deciding if the replay showstopper would be the right purchase.

I spent a fair amount of time putting this information together and actually typing it out... might as well share it.

Read the review here.

enjoy!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Overall I liked the review. Yet, as a college professor, I cannot fight the urge to suggest just a few edits.

First, I'm confused about who my sig fig might be! I think you've been spending too much time in your science classes (no, that is impossible--all time in science class is important! :p). Maybe you meant significant other?

Second, you list as a pro that,
Quote:
Quick-skip allows you to skip any number of seconds, or minutes forward or backward on a recorded or live show.
You can skip any number of integer minutes forward or backwards but for seconds your only options are 30 s forward and 7 s backward.

Finally, one of the more interesting typos is in the miscellaneous section where you wrote,
Quote:
Fragmented hard drives: some people have expressed concerns about the hard-drive fragmenting up and ruining a taping. This is not an issue and the hard-drive does not need to be fragmented.
Most folks will probably not be very surprised to discover that the unit works even when the hard drive is not fragmented :rolleyes: (Obviously you meant to say that the unit does not need to be defragmented).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the proofreading. I know it was a 'little' sloppy but I hate to put things off so I posted it anyway. I've re-edited and fixed the glaring mistakes as best I could.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I find it a little to rozy- even high quality setting doesn't produce DVD quality recording, you don't get DVD quality over a cable, dish, or othervise, so after mpeg coding how do you expect the quality to improve, without special software image enhancement (out of this world). And of cause low quality recording is worse than a good VHS tape, but good enough for most cable shows. Good luck with collecting more views on epinions :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually it should be emphasized that it will be updated when I get around to it. Most of the rosy aspects have been posted because it really is an excellent product!

I also have a gripe list or improvement list that will be put up in a week or so. Of course these are just my opinion.

I appreciate the feedback ;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Anyone,

If one buys a used Replay TV unit on Ebay, can he/she get guide info for free? I read that the guide info is free and that is an advantage over TIVO?

Chuck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All replays currently have free guide information subscription included with the purchase of the unit. The subscription moves with the machine and does not stay with the original owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.