AVS Forum banner

561 - 572 of 572 Posts

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Here in the US ameriDroid carries the full line of ODROIDs and currently has the C4 in stock. I have purchased numerous untis from them (as well as others I know) with fast delivery and zero issues.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Too bad one of the better-known brands like Opponents, Xiaomi or OnePlus doesn't put together a box, try to get certification from Netflix and such.

Of course if Netflix certified it, then it would probably piss off Google, Apple, Roku, etc.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The Chinese boxes are perfectly capable of certification and some of them like Minix are certified. The problem is the whole process is controlled by media companies and is done to exclude competition and for profit. It is completely unfair. its like not allowing the wifi signal from a router or electricity to power a device that doesn't pay you fees and doesnt threaten your business - its basically another form of DRM but even worse.

Its quite sad that perfectly great hardware is crippled by these companies to punish people.

·
Registered
11 Posts
t 23.976 all the time. As I said before, I don't have Netflix to test but others already verified it as 23.976 unless you get to pick 4K smpte mode which is 24.000.
How are you powering that hub? Do you have a special PD plug that goes in the wall, or just a regular (Fast Charger)? I purchased 2 different USB power delivery hubs(Aukey and Anker) and both fail to power it enough. I have even tried the charger that came with the GTV and it will not work.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
How are you powering that hub? Do you have a special PD plug that goes in the wall, or just a regular (Fast Charger)? I purchased 2 different USB power delivery hubs(Aukey and Anker) and both fail to power it enough. I have even tried the charger that came with the GTV and it will not work.
The hub I have is exteremly flexible when it comes to power source. I can use any of the following:
  • My 35w PD power charger.
  • My old USB 2.0 charger.
  • The USB charger come with the CCGTV.
Other gubs could consume more power that requires more juice from the USB port.

Anything that can offer 5v 1.5A will do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The hub I have is exteremly flexible when it comes to power source. I can use any of the following:
  • My 35w PD power charger.
  • My old USB 2.0 charger.
  • The USB charger come with the CCGTV.
Other gubs could consume more power that requires more juice from the USB port.

Anything that can offer 5v 1.5A will do.
That is what i thought. I tried the GTV charger and a quickcharge 3.0 charger. Guess i will return both and get the one you got.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So it turns out that that Aukey hub powered the GTV if i used a chromebook charger with it, but the ethernet still didn't work correctly. I purchased the hub you recommended and it worked with the GTV charger.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
So it turns out that that Aukey hub powered the GTV if i used a chromebook charger with it, but the ethernet still didn't work correctly. I purchased the hub you recommended and it worked with the GTV charger.
My Aukey hub worked fine except for ethernet as well. Didn't spend a lot of time troubleshooting, but did try a few different power supplies and no problems even with a 2A USB for powering the GTV.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
I think the OS lacks driver support for different ethernet chipset. It only works for certain realtek gigabit ethernet chip.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has anyone been able to access their NBC Sports Gold subscriptions using the NBC Sports app on the new Chromecast with Google TV? None of my subscriptions are working. Yet they work fine using my Roku based NBC Sports app (with Xfinity authorization).

·
Registered
LG CX 55” OLED
38 Posts
Does anyone know if I can match frame rate to the content I’m watching?

most importantly for Netflix because I get occasional stutter here and there

561 - 572 of 572 Posts