AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have posted before, I am having a considerable amount of trouble getiing a stable signal on WXYZ channel 7 (41). If you are a Dish 6000 owner with the 8vsb card in the Detroit area, I would like to know how your reception is of this station. Dish claims it is the station, the station won't return a phone call and I am missing some shows that I like to watch. Please help. If other DISH 6000 owners are receiving this station without any problems, then it is either my box or my antenna. I'm just trying to eliminate a possibility.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
About a week ago, it looked like WXYZ stopped passing along PSIP data that remaps the channels and such. Ever since they did that my picture has been solid. But, the station no longer identify's itself as WXYZ and is just showing up as 41-1, 41-2, 41-3. I have not seen any breakups even though my signal that used to be about 90 seems to be averaging 70. But, before that happened, I was having the same issues that you were having with constant breakups.

My only real complaint is that their 5.1 audio seems more like 4.1 with no center channel.

I don't watch any ABC shows, so I must admit that my time on 41 has been low to almost non existant. I have been trying to make a consious effort to check out the Sunday movie to see how it looks, but that's about it.

Stephen

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, guys. This means it is not the station. My best guess is that it is the receiver. I still wish I could borrow another receiver just long enough to eliminate multipath....

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts
Reception is fine today, but the audio is not right. They are using DD5.1, and there is no audio from the center or surround channels, only l, r, & .1 lfe channels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.