AVS Forum banner

13341 - 13355 of 13355 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured it was some changes to their encoder. (Probably related to their adding a 5th sub-channel.) I did rescan without luck. I was just hoping to find if other tuners besides mine were affected.
We are having the same problem using Tablo for channel 56. I called the station to ask if they knew what / why this was happening. I was told no one else had reported the problem. Try giving the station a call during normal business hours to report it. Mention the 5th sub-channel idea. We watch lots of channel 56 here. Phone: 248-305-3900. Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I did try to contact them. I have emailed them several times and communicated with a couple of people there over the last 10 days or so. As you can see, not much is happening. Do you know who you talked to?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I did try to contact them. I have emailed them several times and communicated with a couple of people there over the last 10 days or so. As you can see, not much is happening. Do you know who you talked to?
I called the number listed, but all I got was a phone tree and nothing about engineering. I would like to speak to the same department to increase the number of calls they are receiving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured it was some changes to their encoder. (Probably related to their adding a 5th sub-channel.) I did rescan without luck. I was just hoping to find if other tuners besides mine were affected.
Did you get a reply from WTVS-TV? We're having the same issue!

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Did you get a reply from WTVS-TV? We're having the same issue!
I have spoken with a couple of people without any luck so far. I have another avenue that I am trying now. Hopefully that might pan out. I don’t understand why we are having problems with them. It should be a simple fix.

·
Registered
273 Posts
We are having the same problem using Tablo for channel 56. I called the station to ask if they knew what / why this was happening. I was told no one else had reported the problem. Try giving the station a call during normal business hours to report it. Mention the 5th sub-channel idea. We watch lots of channel 56 here. Phone: 248-305-3900. Thanks!
I called today and registered a complaint about channels 56.1 and 56.2 (which are both 1080i). Also informed them that the other 3 low res channels 56.3 - 56.5 have no issues. The lady who answered my call (option 3 after calling the above number), said that she would pass this information to their IT department. It sucks that I will miss out on some of the new Masterpiece series and the usual tips from Ask This Old House.

I hope they fix this issue soon.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You're not missing much from Ask This Old House this season. Because of the pandemic they couldn't do any new in home visits, so all the segments are from previous seasons grouped together by theme like gardening, kitchens, electric, plumbing, etc.

13341 - 13355 of 13355 Posts