AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple of weeks I've been having trouble with WDIV, breakups low signal strength, et cetera. Strangely, I now get WXYZ almost perfectly. My best guess is that my antenna moved but before I go back up on the roof or purchase a rotor (rotator?) I was just wondering if anyone else was having a problem.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm in Ann Arbor. I had a CM4221 installed a few days ago. I get WDIV-1 and WDIV-2 at 100% strength. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Shankar. I guess it's back up on the roof for me, eventually. I guess I'll wait until NBC has a little more content before I go back up.

Regards,

·
Registered
346 Posts
I dont watch WDIV a whole lot but havent noticed any problems. I now have problems with 62. Usually no signal at all when it used to be very good.My guess is possiby trees now that they have leaves. And I know over by your house there is no shortage of thoses Royal Oaks.

Chris

·
Registered
740 Posts
trafter,

There are thunderstorms moving in today!! Be careful...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not tonight for sure, I'm torn between a rotor and just hanging on to the hope of Comcast HD. I'm just tired of the hassle of satellite. Especially with the SO getting ticked at the dropouts....

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
It's been fine for me, as usual.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have no problem with WDIV, signal strength is near 100. My problem is with WXYZ, signal strength is near 100 and never breaks up but the picture is blurry unless an HD program is on. The NY feed is fine during commercials and programming but as soon as they flip the switch back to local programming the signal is blurry. My analog signal is twice as good as the digital channel, their up-converter must still be screwed up. Makes me upset that I have to watch the Red Wings on analog channel 7 or 9. Called their HD engineer 3 weeks ago and they were supposed to look into it but problem is still here. One problem is that they monitor their signal from an internal feed and not from an antenna source so they have no idea if they are having problems or not unless we call in. Anyone else dealing with the blurry factor?

·
Registered
332 Posts
WDIV NO PROBLEM WXYZ BLURY

I'll second that. I always assumed it had to do with 720p and I run my Dish 6000 at 1080i. It'd be nice if it's their problem and they can/will fix it.

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
87 Posts
I get NBC and ABC well but have lost PBS and CBS.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I have found with WDIV that if I don't have my antenna (RS Double Bow Tie, second floor of condo) in the exact right spot, I get constant breakups. If it's in the magic spot though, perfect 95% signal all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.