AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was it just me, or were there a lot of audio dropouts on WJBK tonight? It was acting up on both of my HD setups, which leads me to suspect the station rather than anything on my end.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I got a bunch, too. After my WXYZ experiences, though, I may not be your best source.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
Yes, I've noticed it for few days now and called today to inquire about the problem. I got voice mail, and left a message.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Yep, I noticed it too.

And, WDIV has been pretty bad for me with breakups for a couple of days now.

Funny that the worst one (WXYZ) is now about the best... It's funny that the one's who don't rely on advert revenue (PBS) has been the one station that has been pretty much 100%, 100% of the time.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I have always had the most difficulty with WJBK. My rotor must be in just the right spot or I get dropouts frequently. It is my understanding that they are running at half of their allowable transmission power. This may or may not be part of what you city folk are experiencing.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
For many months since last winter they were running at two thirds power because one of their tubes was out. I don't know what's happened since then.

Where I am (almost underground in Ann Arbor), WJBK is the only off-air DTV station that I get reliably. But that has everything to do with not being up high enough.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I have noticed that since they had their equipment upgrade a few weeks ago that my signal went from low 80's up to 95 - 100 at all times. It usually sits at 99 - 100 unless the weather is bad.

I wonder if they are running full power now?

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
What is this equipment upgrade about which you are talking?

I know that several months ago they began multicasting a 16:9 480p picture and a 4:3 480i picture converted from their analog feed.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Whoops, My bad, for some reason I saw WJBK and was thinking 62 CBS, not 2 Fox... Doh. Then again, I have been getting them confused ever since Fox kicked CBS off of channel 2. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.