AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance someone knows how to get Deus Ex to run on a HTPC at 720p? I'm running a Sammy 56" DLP and the best I'm getting on my radeon 9800pro is 800x600... blech

I tried doing custom applications in Powerstrip, but no dice it just defaults to 640x480. The only options for in game resolution i get is 640x480 and 800x600. I went into the default.ini file and changed the [winDrv.windowsclient] FullScreenViewport to 1280x720 and another similar setting near it in the .ini file also to 1280x720, but again no dice.

anyone out there get this Unreal Warfare engine powered game to work at 720p?

thanks for any help!

cheers

chris

·
Registered
716 Posts
Actually, no, this is probably the best place....now if you loan me your copy of DE:IW, hehehe...

Some basics, have you made a custom monitor driver for the DLP with powerstrip? Have you read up in the HTPC forum about which Catalyst drivers to use? Are you getting a windows desktop res of 1280x720? Did you doublecheck to be sure the game isn't overwriting your custom changes to the .ini? Have you been running other games ok in 720p?

Also, search for tigerdave's posts, in his sig he links to his website that has the tweaks for Unreal engined games, that might helps as well.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If it is Unreal based it should work. Radeon does NOT come with 1280x720 as a standard resolution, so have you made a working custom powerstrip resolution for 1280x720?

As Komoto stated above, also look back in the ini file and make sure that it still says 1280x720 after you tried playing it. If it reverted back to 800x600 in the ini, you will need to change it again and then right click on the file>properties and then make it read only.

As a favor from all you Radeon owners....can you email them and tell them to add 1280x720 as a standard resolution on their next driver update!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me provide a bit more info in response to the replies generated so far.:

I'm using the Catalyst 4.1 drivers

I have 1280x720 on the desktop and run other games (Armed and Dangerous without problem at 1280x720)

i checked the Default.ini file and it reads:

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]

WindowedViewportX=1280

WindowedViewportY=720

WindowedColorBits=32

FullscreenViewportX=1280

FullscreenViewportY=720

FullscreenColorBits=32

Before and after playing, heck i even changed the xbox part too :)

tried tigerdave's tweaks (that's where i got the above .ini setting changes from)

Man such a sweet game going to waste... the horror, the horror...

cheers and thanks for any further help!!!

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.