AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I never finished the PS3 version but I enjoyed it a lot at the time. I remember getting frustrated on some invisible boss in a room with a wet floor and stopping there.

It looks like this version will have more freedom to actually play more than just stealth, that was the main drawback of the last one you simply didn't have enough ammo and charges to do much more than stealth.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I never finished the PS3 version but I enjoyed it a lot at the time. I remember getting frustrated on some invisible boss in a room with a wet floor and stopping there.

It looks like this version will have more freedom to actually play more than just stealth, that was the main drawback of the last one you simply didn't have enough ammo and charges to do much more than stealth.
I actually had an easier time with that boss on hard difficulty than on normal since I was prepared with the proper weapons (grenade launcher DLC!), but going in blindly the first time was a super pain. If you still have the game and the save file, the game is definitely worth finishing, and you're probably about 2/3rds through anyway. It is possible to do a combat-oriented run (no harder than TLOU at any rate) if you spec Jensen that way from the beginning (making sure to upgrade inventory space and knowing where the weapon/ammo caches in each level can be found). It is pretty hard to make him versatile for combat, stealth, and hacking, however.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I actually had an easier time with that boss on hard difficulty than on normal since I was prepared with the proper weapons (grenade launcher DLC!), but going in blindly the first time was a super pain. If you still have the game and the save file, the game is definitely worth finishing, and you're probably about 2/3rds through anyway. It is possible to do a combat-oriented run (no harder than TLOU at any rate) if you spec Jensen that way from the beginning (making sure to upgrade inventory space and knowing where the weapon/ammo caches in each level can be found). It is pretty hard to make him versatile for combat, stealth, and hacking, however.
Thanks. It has been so long that I'm not even sure I would remember how to play without starting over from scratch, haha. I probably put too much into stealth at first to make action viable. Highly enjoyable game and looking forward to trying the new one out.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Release date, pre-orders, and collector's edition announced

Release date = Feb 23, 2016

Pre-orders have a tiered unlock system for extras (DLC and potential early release date) based upon how many people pre-order. This has caused some controversy on the Internet, but doesn't everything?

The collector's edition is around US$150 and includes all of the potential pre-order DLC, a statue, and art book.

https://www.deusex.com/augmentyourpreorder

I just picked up the DX:Human Revolution Director's Cut on sale for the PS3 for $6 and I am loving replaying this game and finding areas and new approaches to play style that I missed. I tried the second screen with my PS Vita and was not impressed. However, DX:HR is on my top 10 favorites games of all time, so I am very psyched for DX:Mankind Divided.

·
Registered
465 Posts
All of the tiered pre-order digital content is now included in the Day One Edition of the regular game, there was enough backlash on the Internet for Eidos to drop the Augment your Preorder program. Of course, you still need to preorder in order to get the Day One Edition.

The collector's edition adds a statue, art book, and steelbook case.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New game mode announced:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach is an innovative game mode, included for free with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. This new take on the game offers, for the very first time, an arcade approach on the gameplay of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, providing players with a connected puzzle shooter experience. As a Ripper, a hacker in the year 2029, your objective is to obtain and sell highly classified corporate data by infiltrating some of the world’s most secure servers, using the funds you acquire to upgrade both your skills and arsenal.
As you play, the rewards you earn, including XP, credits, and booster packs, will allow you to face the increasing difficulty of the game. Challenge yourself, your friends, and people from around the world in the ultimate Deus Ex arcade twist. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach is a live game mode, introducing new challenges and features by rolling out updates on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Not a lot of action on this thread. I'm playing through this game now; I've always enjoyed Deus Ex games and this one is no exception. I enjoy the stealth and cover mechanics, as well as discovering alternate ways to accomplish the game's goals. The cyber-punk feel I could do without, but looking past the color of paint, this ride is excellent.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Not a lot of action on this thread. I'm playing through this game now; I've always enjoyed Deus Ex games and this one is no exception. I enjoy the stealth and cover mechanics, as well as discovering alternate ways to accomplish the game's goals. The cyber-punk feel I could do without, but looking past the color of paint, this ride is excellent.
I played and beat Human Revolution on both my PS3 and 360; it was a good game and controlled well. I was looking forward to Mankind Divided and bought it right after launch but for some reason, I could never come to grips with it. Got thru the first couple of levels but then I just hit a wall around the time Jensen's implants become damaged and even at the easiest level I'd always get killed and could never make any significant headway. I rage-deleted it off my PS4 a few weeks ago and just sold it after a particularly frustrating session.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I loved DX:HR and I think it is in my top ten games of all time; I've replayed it at least three times.

So I got the DX:MD Day One edition, but like @TonyDP, didn't really get too far into it inside the first missions in Prague. Although I do love the DX environment and the Mechanical Apartheid dynamic, the story progression didn't pull me in enough and I wasn't back into my groove. So I stopped playing, waited for some patches, and even bought a PS4 Pro in order to start a new play through in UHD. This time, I got into it and enjoyed it a lot more, but I felt like I got to the end and it finished too quickly. It was worth my time and I'll replay it again to get more out of the game (I barely used any of the new augmentations), but I think DX:HR is still my favorite.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I will admit I was half tempted to move on after I got to the 'my augs are hosed' part of the game. But after that? I pushed through a little more then I got pulled right back into it. I don't know what it was or where exactly the switch was flipped, but it was sometime shortly after that 'hosed augs' moment.

If you still own the game, give it a few more missions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts