AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know if there is any kind of selector, that would allow me to use one set of speakers between two different receivers ?

I want to be able to use the same speakers when im watching something on my surround receiver that I used to listen with my 2 channel system in my living room.

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouraxe /forum/post/19554340

Hi, does anyone know if there is any kind of selector, that would allow me to use one set of speakers between two different receivers ?

I want to be able to use the same speakers when im watching something on my surround receiver that I used to listen with my 2 channel system in my living room.

Thanks.

What type of connection do you have from each output & input(XLR, TRS, .....)?

·
Banned
34 Posts
Sure, just use any speaker selector from niles or radio shack and hook it up in reverse. Just be careful to never select both at the same time. Alternately, you could run interconnects from the surround receiver (if it has line-level outputs) to an input on your 2-channel system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried to post a link to the product I use, but I'm not allowed because I don't have three posts yet!!

I use the Niles ABS-1 FG00271 Sound Triggered Speaker Level AB Switch.

Here's the scenario: You've already wired your house with remote speakers in different rooms, all being driven by your main receiver. There's a separate audio system in your bedroom, and you'd like to use its amplifier to play the audio through the same speakers you've got wired to your multi-room system. But how do you wire two amplifiers to the same set of speakers without damaging your equipment?

The Niles ABS-1 solves that problem. It provides safe switching between two amplifiers like the one in your main system and the one in your bedroom and a single pair of speakers. Operation is automatic: when the ABS-1 senses a signal from your secondary amp, it passes it on to the speakers. The speakers in the rest of the house are unaffected, so your main system continues to play elsewhere.

Now, back to our scenario: Install the ABS-1, and when you want to listen to your smaller system through your bedroom speakers, just turn it on and the ABS-1 does the rest.

Details:

* speaker-level inputs and outputs

* requires unswitched AC power

* sensitivity and delay controls

* 6-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 3-3/4"D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts