AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who use DirecTv as their provider and have the VOD service, (not on HR21s yet)the entire second season of Dexter is up on VOD.

·
Registered
843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 /forum/post/12894857

To those who use DirecTv as their provider and have the VOD service, (not on HR21s yet)the entire second season of Dexter is up on VOD.

Is it in HD?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know but I doubt it. I am recording them all to DVDs so it doesn't matter for that application since I can't record in HD anyway. When I watch them on an upscaling DVD player they look pretty good but not HD.

·
Registered
843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachosgrande /forum/post/12901174

What channel can I get D* VOD? I have the H2R0 DVR HD +

It's in the main menu. Look for it there.

It requires a broadband connection to the internet for downloading the content.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 /forum/post/12896668

I don't know but I doubt it. I am recording them all to DVDs so it doesn't matter for that application since I can't record in HD anyway. When I watch them on an upscaling DVD player they look pretty good but not HD.

I record HD (widescreen) stuff to DVD all the time. I record from my HR20 to the hard drive of my Panny DMR-HS2 DVD recorder, edit it, then burn it to DVD.

You can then either stretch the content on your DVD player (due to the widescreen flag missing in the .IFO files) or copy the files to your PC, use IFO Edit to edit the headers(I set them to pan and scan 16 x 9 widescreen), then burn the files to another DVD.

When viewed on an upconverting DVD player, they look very close to being HD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts