AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DGTEC 2000a HDSTB is giving me the craps!

Ok......

There are 2 HD settings, namely HD1 and HD2.

HD1 is 1080 whereas HD2 is 576.

When I choose HD1, the picture seems fine, except when the image has bright colours, like bright red or green etc. There are visible 'lines' through these colours, and they seem to bleed onto other colours in what appears to be 'streaks' of colour.

As I said, it's really only noticeable with brighter colours.

HD2 is perfect.

Any ideas?

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
With this STB , I'd look very closely at the color strength, brightness, contrast settings for HD1 for my display. Many displays offer separate adjustments for various inputs. If the user adjustments won't correct the problem, perhaps a visit by a service tech, and adjustment of the service controls might fix the problem. Or, obtaining a service manual for your display, and studying tips for service adjustments, might let you make service adjustment yourself. I'd also search the web to see if there are similar complaints from other owners. Step two, after trying user adjustments, would be contacting the display manufacturer for advice. Also, make sure you're receiving an actual 1080 signal for an HD1 output. Often circuits that must upconvert non-standard signals do a poor job, distorting images. -- John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.