AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DHL just sent me a bill for $60 on my AE100!! Darn, thought I had gotten lucky. Just out of curiosity, I wonder what would happen if you didn't pay it? What proof does DHL have that there wasn't just a "lens" in the box?? I don't mind paying the $60, shoot I love this projector!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WXdude

DHL just sent me a bill for $60 on my AE100!! Darn, thought I had gotten lucky.

You have. 60$ is small change compared to the price of the pj.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, I wonder what would happen if you didn't pay it? What proof does DHL have that there wasn't just a "lens" in the box??
Well it doesn't really matter to DHL what was in the box. As long as they know how much it's worth then they know how much to bill you.

-Jens

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
what would they do if you dont feel like paying?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It's a tax. Doesn't seem like there's any way around it. What happens when you don't pay your property tax bill? Electricity bill? I guess if some dumas wants to trash his credit over a SMALL tax bill, it's his business, but odds are you fork over several times that every week to Uncle Sam and still walk around happy as can be.

ADebar: Did you ever pay the $90 the association was extorting out of you? You're proposing a tax strike, yet you paid someone to get back something they trespassed and stole.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Although custom's tariffs are taxation for imported goods, I wasunder the impression that there was a 'duty-free' initial amount ... something like $400. Maybe someone could arrange the overseas agent to declare the product as being $399!?!

·
Registered
354 Posts
DHL is a courier service and therefore have a fee for dealing with customs for you.

What basically happens is that DHL pay customs FOR you when it's needed. Afterwards they charge the same amount from you plus a fee for having dealt with customs.

EMS is just express mail and therefore there are no fees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.