AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both systems are about the same price ~$600, I`m pretty much going for Denon as a entry level receiver, I don`t need 3D right now but like the idea of an upgrade and the receiver is just $40 more than the 590.

As for the speaker set, I`m a little confuse about what to get, but budget is around that price total ~600, so Energy would be a little expensive to me. The speakers I`m looking at are both Polk RM705 and RM6750, I can`t find any information about the RM510 on polk website but they are ~399 and I can buy RM705 for ~244 and RM6750 ~205.

What would be the best for the money, stay with the in box Boston speakers or get any of this Polk? is there any other good option for AVR-591 around ~300 for the 5.1 speaker set you could recommend?

would be a good improvement spending +150 to get RM510 or the Energy set? I`m gonna be using the HT for PS3 and Movies (bluray and htpc), nothing more

·
Registered
126 Posts
I recently bought the RM510 from newegg. It comes with RM8's for the fronts, RM8 center, RM7 surrounds and a PSW110 sub. I felt like it was a steal at $299 from newegg after Thanksgiving. The PSW110 is rated for 200w peak - same as the Jamo sub200. My couch is about 12 feet from the TV. I have the sub in the back right corner of the room (17x19). While watching the battle scenes in LoTR RoTK, the couch was vibrating. I have hardwood floors and a 9x12 rug under the couch. I really like this set. I have heard the Jamo 413s may be better. However, the only person I have seen on this forum that owns them seemed to not be impressed by them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've changed my mind completely! the room is about 16x14 with a open area to dinning room and kitchen...

now I'm thinking to spend a little bit more, still thinking about the sub but I've got

a pair of monitor30 and a cs1 center. Not sure if it's a better idea to use a monitor40 for front speakers or use the same monitor30. probably will go for a bic f12 sub.

will have about $400 to spend on a receiver considering I could get one enough for those speakers under that budget

1 - 5 of 5 Posts