Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been running a BEV 6000 HDTV receiver into the HDTV input on my 2 1/2 year old TW65H80 for awhile now and everything has been great. I also had a non-progressive DVD connected to the other set of component inputs. I just picked up a new Sony DB1070 receiver and connected but component inputs to the reciever and the receiver into the HDTV input on the TV. Since then some very noticeable and continual diagonal lines have appeared (pale green and red), moving from the top right corner down to the bottom left. The lines are only there when veiwing the BEV 6000, the DVD playback looks fine when you switch the receiver to it. As part of my testing I swapped the cables linking the 6000 to the receiver with the ones linking the DVD player. Still the same situation. I tried connecting the 6000 directly to the TV with both sets of cables and the lines were still there. I then connected the 6000 to the TV using the cables that had been linking the Sony receiver to the TV. The lines are greatly reduced but on some scenes I can still make them out. I don't remember being able to see them at all before, but it could just be that I'm looking for them now.

Any suggestions? Would a lack of bandwidth on the components inputs/output on the sony cause lines like these? Would poor qaulity cables cause these types of lines? (Of the two sets that cause very noticeable lines, one is a cheap set that came with the 6000 and the other is a pretty expensive set. The third set where the lines are barely noticeable is another fairly expensive set.) I also just took the TV apart on friday to move it to a new room upstairs, but I doubt there is any problem with the TV itself (all the other sources look fine, the lines are only on the 1080i signal from the 6000).

Thanks for any advice,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.