AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My replay has failed to connect to the replay server the last two nights. No messages, just menu not updating. Also, a forced connect fails at the point the modem tries to connect to the server (can dial in but not connect). Anyone else having this problem. Has service (or dial up numbers) been cut back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried the cold boot ,then a warm boot, then lower connection speeds, and finally tried connecting to a different phone line jack. None worked. I am down to only one local connection number now. The one I used for over a year that worked great was taken off the list two months ago and I was forced to go to this number which worked until 3 nights ago. Finally gave up on the local number (864 643 4492 not an Earthlink number) and dialed in the 800 number to get a new list of phone numbers (mine had not changed), then tried a long distance number in Athens GA. Both the 800 connection and the Athens connection worked fine. So the problem is with the connection to the replay server through my local number. Seems similar to problem a lot of us were having in Fall 2001 only now lowering/changing connection speed does not help. Doubt Replay is doing anything to fix it either considering their status (had to be solved by a member of this forum last time anyway) so the problems are starting.

PS. It is a Showstopper 2000 over 2 years old.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I've been having the same problem. Mine is a little worse cause it's an older model that uses version 2.2 software and I gather it has dialup issues.

Anyway, after I trick my showstopper into dialing out it is still rough to connect.. real rough. I lift up the phone to add some noise and hang up trying to time it to keep connection but go to a low baud rate. It takes me a frickn half hour of trying to get one connection lately. I'm not sure if its the issue that mine is an older unit. Seems like something else is wrong too. I've tried tons of numbers.

have you figured out anything?

icecow

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
icecow, Combo software is known for connection trouble. Does 2.2 have the modem speed panel? Probably not. Did you try entering the secret 1800 I sent you into the phone number prefix screen? That number works better at 56K than local numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.