AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm curious, what method of connection do you use? Dial-up, broadband, or both...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Count one vote for an old Replay as "I wish I could use my broadband connection." I'm still interested in hacking the software to use the serial port instead of the modem so that I can connect through my Linux box without setting up a fake phone line (besides, my Linux box has a serial port, but no modem).

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Don't need: its a checkbox poll not radio, you can pick more than one thing.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have made mention that you should choose all that apply... sorry for any confusion.

After all the talk of the last month or so and debates as to whether service would continue, opinions expressed as to # of dial up users vs. broadband, etc. I thought it would be interesting to take this unscientific poll of what are arguably the most knowledgable ReplayTV owners out there.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the results so far show such a high percentage of dial up users... I woulda thunk that more here would lean toward broadband... of course, if you have a mix of machines and use both... well, that's why I asked...

Keep em coming!

·
Registered
615 Posts
one dialup vote for my mom - showstopper

one dialup vote for my brother- same

one dialup vote for my sister in law - same

two dialup for me - same

-my wild @ss opinion/ 2 cents-

As of this posting, the poll indicates more BB users. Well if you're on BB then you obviously have internet service; but if you have a dialup unit, you don't necessarily have internet ser usersvice. I would venture to 'guess' that BB users in this forum are the more "techie" users. Techie users tend to hunt down forums like this. Well, that is my interpretation of the results. FYI, mom has dialup internet (non techie); brother is the same; sister in law has DSL but is not a techie user, but none are on this forum. I have a cable modem and am the techie (yea yea ... I'll get a 5000 series one of these days, but the upgraded Panny's have been rock solid).

·
Registered
366 Posts
One vote for dialup, one vote for broadband: I have a Replay 3070 that dials into a Linux server that uses my broadband connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.