AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dialing Question?

293 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  spasm 
#1 ·
About a week or so ago my unit lost its ability to dial out. Whenever you try to force it to connect it will go through the steps and say initializing modem and then dialing but will come back and say no dialtone. Ive checked the cord to make sure its in good. Same thing. I think tried hooking a phone up to the line to make sure its got a dialtone and it does. I called SonicBlue and they recommended dropping the modem speed which didnt do anything to fix it either. The next step as far as they are concerned is to reset the unit which Id prefer not to have to do. I was hoping someone here might have some other things I could try first.

Any ideas? Im getting the message now telling me its going to disable itself in a day or two if it cant connect to update itself.

Thanks,

Spasm

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I tried to disable the no dialtone setting with no luck.

Im not sure I understand what you mean by taking the jack off the wall and pushing the wires out more. One thing I will try though to elimate that as an issue is running a phone cable from my replay into a different room and see if that makes any difference.

I hope something works...hate to reset it...

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Okay, I tried running the phone cord from my living room to a bedroom to rule out the phone jack in the TV room. No luck. I also tried unplugging all my phones just to make sure I didnt have a cordless on the fritz or something...still no luck.

I guess its time to reset her ;(

Spasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.