AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I recently bought a deftech system with a pioneer elite vsx-31 receiver....I have 2 8060-St towers,pro center 1000 and 2 pro monitor 800's for surrounds.My question is for others who either have this center or a pioneer receiver do you use dialog enhancement and is it OK too use it?....my center is darn good but setting DE to flat does wide in the front...I guess its like using a phantom center.Do most of you use your left and rights in this manner or do you strictly use your center only for dialog?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m /forum/post/20847003

I always use just my center and whatever the signal is natively, I stick to it. All these on-the-fly surround modes/matrixing always sound phony, gimmicky, and unnatural to me.

Thx and all the mode does is use your 2 left and right speakers for voices as well....not really a gimick just widens the front stage....just want too see how many do this and how they like it...and also any possible pros and con's...:)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If you like it, use it.

If you change your mind turn it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.