AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 2.4 turned the USB ports back on while the unit is powered off? I'd like my PS3IR on/off unit to be able to turn my PS3 on again. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
USB was still powered while the ps3 was in sleep mode if you enabled remote connection w/ your psp. That was pre-1.9 (i think). A random firmware update after that removed that bug (feature) and it hasn't been turned back on yet unless they did it this morning.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think prior to 1.80 (assuming that's a correct number) the USB ports remained powered on so that the Schmartstuff PS3IR on/off dongle allowed you to power on the PS3 (you had to enable "remote play" with a PSP and pair it first though - which I did). After 1.80 (again the number could be wrong) Sony disabled the USB power when the PS3 was powered off and the "on" function was killed.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
Have you tried turning on the Remote Play "accessible via internet" option? I know the PS3 stays partially powered up when this is on.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Well, I dunno if they re-enabled it, but my PS3 kept auto-starting when I was playing around with the Remote Play auto-start feature last night. I had to disable that feature because my PS3 would just automatically come on when nothing was pressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts