AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short: Best Buy screwed up my Boxing Day order for a Pioneer VSX1019AH-K - they basically over sold it and are unable to get more from Pioneer as Pioneer has informed them this is now a discontinued model.

Rather then simply cancel my order, Best Buy did offer me a Yamaha HTR6260B as a replacement for the same boxing day price as I was paying for the Pioneer.

I really had my heart set on the Pioneer, did a lot of research and really liked what it offered. Just wondering if this Yamaha is just as good or if I should try selling it since I got a fantastic deal on it (over 40% off) and still search out a Pioneer? I know very little about the overall quality of Yamaha relative to Pioneer...

Specs:

Pioneer

Yamaha

Thanks for your expert opinons...not a lot of reviews on the Yamaha that I can find.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger /forum/post/18129864

Long story short: Best Buy screwed up my Boxing Day order for a Pioneer VSX1019AH-K - they basically over sold it and are unable to get more from Pioneer as Pioneer has informed them this is now a discontinued model.

Rather then simply cancel my order, Best Buy did offer me a Yamaha HTR6260B as a replacement for the same boxing day price as I was paying for the Pioneer.

I really had my heart set on the Pioneer, did a lot of research and really liked what it offered. Just wondering if this Yamaha is just as good or if I should try selling it since I got a fantastic deal on it (over 40% off) and still search out a Pioneer? I know very little about the overall quality of Yamaha relative to Pioneer...

Specs:

Pioneer

Yamaha

Thanks for your expert opinons...not a lot of reviews on the Yamaha that I can find.

I'd ask Best Buy for a Pioneer Elite VSX21 or VSX23 for a small upcharge and see what they say.

·
Registered
29,496 Posts
I don't think Best Buy/ Future Shop in Canada sell the Elite models. They're called the 9040TXH and 9140TXH up there. Those two models come with 2 year warranties while the 1019 and down come with 1 year warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.