AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad Company. Tremendous game for $20. Ironically, it is overshadowed by a download only game from the same company! I have gone back to bad company and it's modern gear and reward system and have found it far superior. But this is not really where I'm going with this as that is to be expected. I understand bad company is a full release game and bf 1943 is download only. I wonder.. did this new release give you a ray of hope? IMO, the new release has some real positives such as the bright, open levels and the community which grows by the day. With Modern Warfare 2 coming out, how do you feel about bad company 2? Is it destined to be overshadowed out of the gate? Personally, I'm very excited about bc 2 as it is far different from modern warfare.

·
Registered
814 Posts
give me fighter jets and I'm in

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Not really since it's a pretty old game that was just converted to the xbox 360. Nothing new added to the table. Don't get me wrong I love 1943 but they just brought an old game back4. They haven't showed me anything that would make me buy a game without playing it first or reading reviews by fellow gamers.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
e3 showing and BF1943 have convinced me to pick up BC2 @$40

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I had BFBC sitting on my shelf since I bought it for about $20 6 months ago (I think I even offered to sell it to you once). 1943 made me pop this game in and I've been addicted since. I mostly only play Conquest cause I suck at Gold Rush, but both are pretty fun games and a changeup from COD.

I think you might have jumped into one of my games last night - or we randomly got put in the same room. Think I saw your GT as I was shutting it off to make some dinner.

Hit me up anytime you see me on there.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasyn /forum/post/16905693

NO. But I might pick up Bad Company 1. I saw it for $15 new the other day.

I know I sure did! $18 plus tax, picked it up yesterday.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ballen, I didn't see you. I was on for a long time last night though. I don't really understand it though. You can buy this game for $15 new in places. It offers more maps, modern weapons with unlocks such as airstrikes, mines, radar guided bombs, helicopters. If you played a game of it after playing 1943 for the same price you would see what I mean. But people love 1943 and bad company is still kind of meh for people. Oh well, I'm ranting but it's kind of funny to me I guess

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I bought BC 1 a few weeks ago for $20 but haven't played it much yet. BF1943 caused me to try it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love BF1943 and have gotten back into BF:BC and think it's enjoyable. If you compare it to MW you'll be dissapointed but I'll pick up BC2, maybe not at launch though

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I'll likely pick up BC2 but not until it goes down to $30 or under. Not because of MW2. Not because I don't like it. Because I currently have 6 unopened games in my backlog and I don't think I'll have them cleared out by the time BC2 comes up.

And once that backlog does go away, I'll probably still be entertained with 1943. To me, it's where I want to be. I'm a big WWII buff and love flying the planes and driving Sherman tanks. The ability to blow up buildings and the like immediately make it superior to MW2 imo.

The one I'm actually keeping an eye on is MAG for ps3. That game will be good, but its ability to have so many people online will only work if everyone w/a ps3 played it

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I'll probably pick BC up again. Originally, it was that I didn't really like Gold Rush but now that conquest is there I'll give it a second try...especially since it's a bargain bin game now.

As an aside, I'd just like to say that in general we are now in the phase of the 360's life cycle where a lot of really fun, decent games are winding up in the bargain bin. Hooray!

Lastly, I wish they'd give up on this 4-man squad thing. It's just never caught on and they put it in 1943 arcade too. Really, they should just allow full team chat.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
i loved bad company 1. I have zero interest in in 1943. The thing is I'm mostly a single player gamer, and that pretty much says it all as to why. BC1 didn't quite grab me right away, but as I got into it I loved it. It was amazing really. I can't play a game like COD4 since. Bad company and how you can blow buildings up and stuff just added a new dimension to the experience. You can't hide from a tank by standing behind some skinny wall anymore, and that concept changes the way you play the entire way through. The physics aren't exactly as good as say Crysis but nonetheless it exceeded my expectations considering I never liked any battlefield game before it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've played a lot of the Battlefield games. 1942 and BF2 are great games. The attempt of 1943 was to make it more accessible and to have quicker more fast paced matches. I think it's great. Yeah, it would be nice to have the same vehicles and maps as 1942 but what do you expect for $15? And now that BFBC is $20, I decided to give it a shot. I'm very satisfied with both purchases. I've got a little over a day of play time on 1943 and am working my way through Bad Company. I've played these games longer than I've played games that I paid $60 for. Very fun, very addicting. Are these games perfect? No, but for the price, I feel I've definately got my money's worth. People would complain if this game was free. *cough* Battlefield Heroes *cough*

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
My buddy and I were talking last night about BC after playing a few games of 43. Given what you've said Double W, and the price, I think we'll just pick it up.

There's still a decent sized community playing it? If we jump on a server as newbies, we won't get annoyed by glitch exploits or anything?

-JR

1 - 20 of 38 Posts