AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from gamestop with my used $10 VGA cable. Low and behold It will not plug in to my vga input on my tv or computer!! I need to get this hooked up now for system link.

It looks like I have a female end when I should have a male end. It says mini gender changer on the end of it in yellow.. Did they sell me the wrong cord?

·
Registered
146 Posts
If it was the Microsoft one, it comes with a gender changer in the box, but if it was bought used it may not have included it. You can prob buy it at any computer store for next to nothing, or try a website like parts express. You may be able to go to gamestop and ask for one, since they guarantee their used stuff. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You have the gender changer on it.

(It the yellow plate with two female DB15 plugs.)

Take it off and it'll expose the male DB15 and then it'll plug in just fine.

Or you can use a regular PC VGA cable to go from the female DB15 to your display.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
fjtorres You have the gender changer on it.

(It the yellow plate with two female DB15 plugs.)

Take it off and it'll expose the male DB15 and then it'll plug in just fine.

Or you can use a regular PC VGA cable to go from the female DB15 to your display.

Thank you.. It took me a few to figure that out. I must say I am unhappy with the upconversion on my sony 42a10. Video games look fine once calibrated but w/ the movies it doesn't seem like much of a upgrade.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sony puts a lot of electronics into their sets to make SD look good.

Their consoles, not as much. ;-)

A friend of mine found his SXRD displayed DVDs equally well from a basic player and an upscaling model.

At least your gaming improved, no?

And it *is* a used cable. Half-benefit for half-price:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea the video games look fine but the DVD player looks to be no improvement at all! And to top it all off my xbox is showing Dvd's in 4.3.. Why is it doing that?

Also, while connected with vga I can't hit my t.v display button and see if it says it is playing in 720P or not, so I don't know if it is upconverting at all.

So, good thing I only paid $10

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.