AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the kuro (6020) unpacked and assembled. I downloaded the thumbdrive break in images http://www.eaprogramming.com/downloa...kIn_Images.zip

Then changed the settings as advised elsewhere in the break in threads. Then I ran the images. This ran all night. Today I was so excited to watch some TV, I did so for an hour then put it back on the break in images. My mistake was I forgot to set it to change the image every 30 sec so my plasma had the first grey image on for 3 hours without changing!!! My mistake. The set had about 12 hours of break in time at that point. Is it forever etched with the full screen grey burn in? The blacks seem much more grey to me now but that might be my panic that I damaged the set. Help!

·
Registered
15,993 Posts
Most likely it's temporary image retention, not permanent burn-in, so it should go away over time. Continue to use the break-in images.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
placebo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Placebo? I kinda feel like I am looking for it now. Isn't a white screen what you use to fix burn in? So I guess a full screen of gray is not so bad?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's fine, don't worry. If you are worried, remove the gray slides for the next 12-15 hours of break in.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have fallen asleep during movies only to wake up to the DVD menu 8 hours later. Temp IR thats it.

·
Banned
2,435 Posts
That's what you get for wasting your time with the break-in anyway. Skip the stupid break-in. It's largely a waste of time and energy.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Break in refers to the first 150-200 hours of use of your set. Breaking in does not refer to just the slides. It happens normally.

Your tv is broken in regardless of what you do for the first 150-200 hours!!! Break-in does not mean run slides or its not broken in!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think Documaker is referring to the 'process' of break-in... many prefer the slides or DVD's available for this process for the first 150-200 hours; others, like myself, just were smart in viewing... I loaded D-Nice's break-in settings on my Pioneer 4280 when I needed to break it in, then just made sure I watched shows on 'stretch' mode and not channels with logos that appeared for very long times. There are ways around using the recommended break-in DVD's and slides.

Are they as effective? That is likely debatable, but they seemed to work just fine for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts