Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Last night i decided to try and passively biamp my mains using the 2 channels of my 5 channel amp from my rear speakers. Anyway for some dumb reason i accidentally just took the wires from my rears and attached them to high frequency terminals while the low frequency terminals had the the original signal from the fronts. So what i ended up with was the fronts playing both the front and rear output. each connected to it own terminal ...duh!

At first it just sounded all muffled so i turned it up a little and then i didn't hear anything at all. Nothing. I figured out what i did so reconnected everything back to normal and its sounds fine now. But is there a chance i may have done some damage to the speaker/crossovers/or amp?

thanks. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
If everything sounds fine you're probably all right, but be warned that you cannot bi-amp a passive speaker unless it was designed with two separate parallel filters and bi-amp terminals on the back with jumpers. Not much reason to risk it anyway, there should be little to no difference. Active bi-amping is a major improvement all other psuto bi-amping is just a waste IMO.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
You did remove the jumpers, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I removed the jumpers.

Kingdaddy, do the paradigm studio series fall into the category you described?

thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't know for sure, I would call the manufacturer and ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.