AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased an nec 6pg plus and dalite 8x6 screen included in the deal were bnc breackout cable and s-video cable. never had a crt before. going from a 27 inch wega to this.just curious on how i did and how good a set up this is. is this good quality? purchase price was 1700.00 . i was told the unit has less than 1000 hours on it.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
It's a great projector, but of cours I only say that because I have one :)

Did you get the full setup remote with it? Any manuals? You can download the manuals, and I strongly suggest you do. The PG is a tough unit for someone new to projectors, but it throws a great image when dialed in properly. You will need at least a line doubler for it, or better yet, a HTPC. I would not even bother with the Video input. Most PG6 models did not have the decoder board in them anyway. My suggestion: Read as many posts on the PG as possible and learn from the forum. It will make the setup much easier.

Congrats :)

Marc

·
Registered
609 Posts
yeah - assuming that the tubes are all in good shape then that's a good deal.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Cyacop

Could of had my NEC 9PG Plus for alot less. No screen or cables though. So I guess you did OK.

Deron

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Great projector, one of the best images available. You'll NEED the setup remote and some patience, they take a while to get the hang of, but you couldn't get a better image in that price range.

PS: Hour meters are pretty useless on NEC's as they are so easy to reset. Judge condition by tube condition and general overall condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.