AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am demoing a VS Pro8100 and an Epson 8100.

I just got the Epson 8100 powered up today and immediately noticed something strange. Green vertical lines. Can't get rid of them. What are they and how do I explain them to Epson? If you look closely you can see how they are not consistent and change per scene. Thanks:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I can't see your pics, but do you see the lines on the Epson splash screen? If so it's probably a main board failure or a problem with the ribbon connector for the green LCD panel.

·
Registered
385 Posts
woah! I may be wrong, but doesn't that look awfully similar to the 'red line' problem some of the 8500UB's are having?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
what type of signal are you feeding it? i had basically the same problem with my sanyo , and it was the video path from the source(tv/dvd recorder) to the pj ,i fed it a signal from a different source which resolved the problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't tried the splash screen. But I don't think it would appear. Complete dark or light scenes don't have the lines. I first thought it was some kind of color banding, but as I moved closer to the screen I could see they were green, vertical, and very distracting.

I'm feeding it HDMI directly from a brand new Sony Bluray player. They also appear from the component connection which is fed from my AV reciever/Cable box. I'm demoing a VS Pro8100 as well and it does not exhibit any problems from the source like this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, as I mentioned before about the splash screen. You can see that in the solid black in the top photo they lines don't exist. But if the black were to change to something with gradients the lines would appear. They are not consintent on there they exist on the screen, almost like anything with green will show the lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts