AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had dish 6000 installed, sears burned me for the ota module, while im trying to work on that, when i hook up hd reception on preview channel with sony 61hs10, the color is all green, do i have bad rec?, maybe cords? do i have to color adjust HELPMEHELPME IM JONESING FOR HD!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Punkerg1,

If you have the 6000 connected to Video 5 of the HS10 using the Y Pr Pb, then you need to go to your setup menu and change the option from R G B to Y Pr Pb. You can only get to the setting if you have the 6000 tuned on so that the HS10 recognizes the HD input.

You will love HD on your 61HS10. That's what I have and the picture quality is awesome.

There is a forum dedicated to Sony xxHS10's at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sonyhs10

with lots of good info.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
730 Posts
Jeez, didn't the guy test the system before leaving?

Anyway, it doesn't sound like a major problem. Perhaps one of component inputs is not connected or you need to switch from RGB to Component output as the previous poster said.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The setting I'm talking about is on your HS10. Believe me, I have done this very same thing.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
install guy was like "gee i never seen these units yet!", ive checked conn.everything seems right, but now the rec wants to turn itself off, think im going back to sears for new box, btw, the preview channel looks great in sd,,,,,,this is such a bummer, plus sears doesnt seem to have a ota module, maybe i just return the whole system, and try to find another one

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
You must be on the DTV input (Video 5) with the HS 10 before you can switch between RGB and Y Pb Pr.

The 6000 and HS10 both work with RGB & Y Pb Pr. You just have to make sure both the 6000 & HS10 are set the same way.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank everyone for the quick response, it looks like now as well as ota coverter, i need a tune up on hs10, i have 3 colors on set but its all whack......more to follow

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Check out that forum I mentioned before, there is extensive information on tweaking the HS10's.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Try the Flash Focus button on the front of the unit.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i allready called sony service, i have a tech coming friday at 4:00pm so now im going to sears to return my dish system as i found same system with ota mod,dishs,6000 etc for 375.00 usd after i sign up for 1 year of service. once again thanx for all the great info

·
Registered
209 Posts
i had two of the cables accidentally switched once on my HS10, which played all sorts of color havoc.

dinesh

------------------

DVI/HDCP sucks. DFAST sucks. Boycott JVC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.