AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having run 2 multimedia cables to all the rooms in my new house I realized that the RG6 was not Quad shield and only dual. Will there be any issues with having run that type of cable?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
No -

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
HIGHLY unlikely, although hopefully it is decent cable. The importance of using quad shield in a home is vastly exaggerated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You won't have any problems. The theory behind quad shield is that it's less susceptible to ingress, but I find that connectors and even equipment break down and cause it far more than cable itself.

Basically, if ingress is strong enough to bleed into your standard 60% braid cable, it's probably already hammering your television so hard that you'll pick it up right off the guts of your TV.

Since you're even reading this forum, you're a fan of high quality components and will never have a problem. Rest easy. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think the approach for quad shield versus none is more a "better safe than sorry" attitude.

Unless you have run your coax parallel to your electrical and very close from each other, the probability of picking up some noise is reduced. Plus, I'm assuming your runs are not 500ft long or something like that.

So, basically and as everybody else is saying, it should not matter that much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you all very much for the replys. I think the longest run was 110 feet so I think I should be OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.