AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my floor in my theater last week. I put down green treated 1x2 glued down. Then glued/nailed down plywood to them. I didn't insulate the airspaces since my floor has always been warm enough. But I never gave thought to the affect the airspaces would have acting like a drum or whatever you want to call it. No way do I want to rip up that floor given how much of a pain it was to glue down. Are the air spaces that big of a deal or should I drill some holes and use something like great stuff to try to get some kind of insulation in there?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You didn't mention if this is in a basement or not, but I assume so. I would have used a plastic vapor barrier on the slab first for one thing. If your plywood thickness is such that it doesn't deflect under your own weight, I don't think it's going to resonate badly. Adding a nice thick padding and carpet on it will also help. I'm not an expert though.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is in a basement. The local building inspector told me not to use a vapor barrier. The house is only about a year old. And in our area its code to put down plastic before the concrete is poured. She said that this will be the barrier for the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.