Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all:

Did marquee none ultra 8500 has zone bright and zone color adjustment?

and which firmware ?

Hao about marquee 8900?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
all Marquyee's have that as standard features.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I've never seen one without the contrast modulation board installed. It's right above the CMM behind the cover plate, right next to where the Acon board goes.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
I was pretty sure that most didn't have this, just based on statements here. Mine sure doesn't. But I don't know, you've had a lot more marquee go through you than me!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
what I meant to say was "all Marquee 8500 and 9500s have this" If your 8500 dosen't have this board, it means someone removed it at some point. The CMB was added when the 8500s came out to aid in color uniformity across the screen and also to aid in blending a stack. Although without a light meter you are likley to do more than good to the pic. For Most users it's advised to just the default to 50 for all zones and leav it be. I have actually removed mine but might use some day if I get bored.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles
???

mine sure doesn't, isn't that board an option for zone color temp?
Ahahahaha, see Chris, just because you don't know something, that doesn't make it not true. If your 8500 doesn't have it, you were CHEATED. :p It not only has color shading, it also has luminance shading.

lol-Thats the board that converts black signals under blanking to picture info. :p :p :D :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles
I was pretty sure that most didn't have this, just based on statements here. Mine sure doesn't. But I don't know, you've had a lot more marquee go through you than me!

Thanks

This is Marquee 8900, i still don't know where is the contrast modulation board, would u please mark it for me?

http://210.21.115.45/8900.jpg

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
That's a nice looking projector there. ;)

The Contrast Modulation board, aka "color correction board' is located above the Control Board module. You have to remove the filler plate to see it. The ACON board is also located there when the projector is equiped with automatic convergence.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I thought that was a typo, what the hell is an 8900? :confused: Chris Wiggles, I have an extra CMB if you need one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.