AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at my local big box store yesterday (RC Willey) and asked the sale's person when the Sharp LC65E77U was expected in.

He told me that the Sharp 60" and 65" had just been removed from his system because a "deal" Sharp had with a factory to make the bigger sized panels had just fell thru, so as a result Sharp was going to have to delay or put on hold the 60 and 65 incher's.

I was told it just happened in the last few days.

Anyone know if this is true or not ???

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/16965048

So I was at my local big box store yesterday (RC Willey) and asked the sale's person when the Sharp LC65E77U was expected in.

He told me that the Sharp 60" and 65" had just been removed from his system because a "deal" Sharp had with a factory to make the bigger sized panels had just fell thru, so as a result Sharp was going to have to delay or put on hold the 60 and 65 incher's.

I was told it just happened in the last few days.

Anyone know if this is true or not ???

Cheers

Davyo
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e=2&highlight=

1. BTW, did the salesman try to push another set on you?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-TV /forum/post/16972700

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e=2&highlight=

1. BTW, did the salesman try to push another set on you?

Yes, I know about the thread you posted a link for, I also have postings on that thread.

No the sales guy was NOT tring to push another set, he was very helpful and in no way acting like a "car sale's men".

Also, on a personal note, I would never be so stupid as to fall for a lame trick like that in the first place.

The day I went in to the store I was asking about upcoming flat panels, the sale's guy would ask me the model number's of the panels I was interested in and then pull it up on the computer right in front on me and show me the prices and dates for the panels to arrive.

He seemed very uphappy that the 60" and 65" Sharps (according to his information) had just be put on hold.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
^^

If the Sharp 60" and 65" inchers have been put on "hold," I hope there is some units already made and they are going to release it soon![September??]. Maybe that's the reason why they delayed the models until September.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Sharp is building a factory which is intended to start production in October. Sony is part owner, but the intention is to sell panels to a number of other manufacturers. There's a number of references to it on corporate websites and on this forum. If this has all fallen through it would be big news and certainly mentioned on such technical sites as Digital Home Forum and Ars Technica. So far there's no mention that I can find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.