·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I did an advanced search and it didn't show up. I think this forum is getting hacked by some anti-Sony, pro-Toshiba person.

·
Banned
208 Posts
I received a message from alan gouger aasking me not to quote prices or try to sell this tv to anyone. I have never done this and it is a shame that he pulled the thread because it had alot of great tips and tweaks for owners of this tv.

Please pm alan and ask him to bring it back.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider4re
I received a message from alan gouger aasking me not to quote prices or try to sell this tv to anyone. I have never done this and it is a shame that he pulled the thread because it had alot of great tips and tweaks for owners of this tv.

Please pm alan and ask him to bring it back.
Why would he pull the thread? That's just stupid. All he had to do was edit or delete your post.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
The last time I logged in here the thread was here and all was well. I have no idea what transpired in the time I was gone, but usually Alan does things for a pretty darned good reason.

That's unfortunate if that thread is truly lost, as we all had compiled some very useful information. I can't personally imagine why a whole thread would have to be deep sixed vs. deleting any questionable posts and dealing directly with the author(s) of any questionable material. *shrugs*

Hopefully, Alan will drop us a line and let us know what happened. :)

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts
Yes it was removed because it was a sales add started by the original poster. In huge bold text "for your best price click here"

I dont know why the mods did not catch it and remove it. I sent a PM off to the post starter

who received the PM and never responded back.

This board is not to be used for out right sales.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger
Yes it was removed because it was a sales add started by the original poster. In huge bold text "for your best price click here"

I dont know why the mods did not catch it and remove it. I sent a PM off to the post starter

who received the PM and never responded back.

This board is not to be used for out right sales.
D'oh!

You couldn't have just deleted or wiped out his post? :(

Oh well... We'll live. ;)

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts
You cannot remove the first post without removing the whole thread.

I saved the thread. When I have time I will see what I can do and re ppost it but it wont be until after work. I just dont have the time to spend on it rt now.

I cant promiss because the forum software just does not allow this but I will see if anything can be done.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger
You cannot remove the first post without removing the whole thread.
Oh well...them's the breaks. Thanks for taking care of it. We'll just use this bad boy as the new 960 thread. :)

·
Banned
208 Posts
If it will bring back the thread I will change the first page and remove any links (although I don't think there were any on it). My intent was to have a way to extoll the virtues of this set AND help people get the best deal on it.

Alan, I did PM you about this and if you repost the thread and let me know I will remove anything "sales" related.

Sorry guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.