AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry. I'm not pushing the product. I just came across it in my browsings and found it humorous. Also, the irony of paying a hefty premium for a product branded KURO which performs a job admirably filled by an inexpensive box of baking soda was not lost on me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. I wanted one. And having viewed a few 9G elites in very nice installations, I can appreciate what it brought to the table. My point was that, for most people, there were less expensive options which met their needs and that the use of the KURO brand for two top tier niche products was funny.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajmacd /forum/post/18138991

No. I wanted one. And having viewed a few 9G elites in very nice installations, I can appreciate what it brought to the table. My point was that, for most people, there were less expensive options which met their needs and that the use of the KURO brand for two top tier niche products was funny.

The difference is that Kuro is a different league from most other displays (excepting maybe next years' G/V series Panasonics if they do it right). See one in normal home lighting instead of a store compared to other displays and you will be wowed. Plain and simple. The use of the Kuro brand was due to the excellent blacks provided that were long absent in the recorded history of white culture... I mean that were long absent since mainstream switch from CRT to flat panels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.