AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Me thinks Hob is risking another you know what for those of us that know what happened to him last time he went a little, well, you know.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's a great feature, but unfortunately it doesn't block the threads that he starts from showing up! Now THAT would be a great feature!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I was pleased to receive his moronic invective. It taught me about the ignore list. Nice.

I do agree that it is only someone helpful as it allows his threads to appear.

But I figure those threads will get him banned soon.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Has he been banned before?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Atomic Buffalo
It's not TV. It's HOB.
HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAhahahahaaaaaaaaaa!

Seriously, though, someone has to not ignore him so that newcomers won't get their questions answered wrong or let the local domestic troll chase them away...

·
Premium Member
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Atomic Buffalo
It's not TV. It's HOB.
I think you are on to something:

Hob with his complaints about aspect ratio...

HBO with its insistence on zooming to fill the screen and refusing to do original aspect ratio...

Coincidence??? I do not think so. There is something funky about those three letters...:D

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Buffalo.... That was seriously funny.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
I sure did. I honestly do not see what the big deal is. To each their own when buying into DV HDTV. Do you agree? I chose 16x9. If 4x3 works for you thats great. I have no problem with it.:)

Post it,let us see it, so he can get banned again. LOL:D

·
Premium Member
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"

I will not post or even go to to the bogus 4:3 direct TV, you have won. You will now have nothing to stop you from *slowing* down the conversion of HDTV wide screen. Goodbye this is my last PM to anyone except UNCD2000 who is not a deceiver like you.

I have lost my faith in AVS forum since David Bott made his decision. I will post and respond on forums that are for HDTV. Goodbye, any future PM will be deleated before being read. You people can be blamed for slowing the process of our Governements soon to be law. I will continue to comply to the FCC in any way shape or form.

You don't need a ignore list unless you come into HDTV territory, where I will be only!

Since I am into anti aging thru Natural Nutrition I will live a very long time.

Black Bars annoy you, **pretend** your in a real Movie Theater; Turn Off *ALL* Lights till it's over!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is what was sent to me.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I got something nastier, but deleted it. Who really cares, anyway?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I got a PM from hob almost word for word identical to that -- regarding DVD's. Too bad I deleted it -- it would be interesting to compare the two directly.

There was a thread on the component input to the F38310 -- it doesn't accept 720p. He tried to claim it accepted 525p. When I explained that 480p and 525p were the same thing (NTSC has 525 total lines, 480 lines in the visible image), he insulted me, said I was wrong (to paraphrase, he called me an idiot -- I don't remember exactly the expression he used), and he tried to claim his DVD player was 525p, and there were two outputs on the back of his DVD player -- one for 480p and one for 525p. I checked in the manual for his player on-line, and it turned out one was 480i (525i) and the other was 480p (525p). When I explained this and asked for an apology, instead of apologizing, he deleted his responses and sent me an PM claiming I didn't respect him, that he was a self taught cripple, and that because people like me were picking on him he would leave the AVS Forum. He claimed he would never send me a PM again (he hasn't), and never post to a thread I was posting on (he has).

I've come to see hob as a harmless character who has to be watched to make sure his dis-information doesn't lead novices too far astray.

"There, but for the Grace of God, go I."

Ciao

Joe

·
Registered
150 Posts
I notice he hasn't posted anything for a couple of days - very unusual for Hob.

I was getting really tired of his irrelevant posts about how many hours his RCA F38310 has been on, and that he bought it from a local retailer that his parents used in 1953, and that "foolscreen" will be outlawed by the government by 2007, and to follow the link in his sig get into service mode and all his other nonsense.

You think he got banned again? I recall he was banned earlier this year, but I don't know why.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.