AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to how many of you named your theater. How did you come up with the name and did you do an entry sign into the theater space? What other items bear the theater name?

I assume that the majority of the named spaces are "the blank family theater" or "the last name theater" I am debating referring to the space in this manner or trying to come up with a more creative name, Or should I not name it at all?

·
Registered
23,234 Posts
If I were to name my home theater, I would choose:

Welcome to the "Sit Down, Grab a Beer and No Talking (until after the movie) Theater".

Actually... no name, except "home".

·
Registered
151 Posts
Or you can decide to design around a theme, like my Jedi Theater for instance.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
i named my theater after myself..just so happens "MARCUS CINEMA" is an actual movie theater chain..i goota get around to going to a movie there so i can grab some extra popcorn tubs,etc and whatever else they'll give me with "my logo" on it.

brickie

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If the room is dedicated to theater use I encourage you naming it... or if it has an overall theme implied, go fer it!

As for us, we did name our cinema and also have a eight foot marquee to prove it!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Since I have a golf theme, I have name mine "The Back Fringe Theater".

My brother-in-law is a graphic artist, so he came up with a logo for me, and I have some signage as you enter the basement.

Here is the logo:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Thanks Art. I love the work he did. I think I'm gonna ask him if he can get me a large (maybe 16x20) 2-sided print and build a little light box for it to hang in the entry way.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just for fun, when I have a couple of the neighborhood kids over to watch a film with my kids, I do a little "preamble" introduction to the film, which I wrap up with "thank you for visiting the Dwight-plex, a division of Rahl Cinemas - enjoy the show." I say it quickly, using the voice stylings of an announcer at the end of a commercial, reading the "fine print". I usually get a blank stare from the kids, and laughs from the parents.

So, I guess my HT is named "The Dwight-plex".

What can I tell you - we are all a bit twisted in our own special way...

Dwight

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! Some incredible spaces guys. One thing about this forum is it always seems to make you jealous :) Mine is a pseudo dedicated space in a 20x18 room. My wife has a built in office in one corner and my one year old plays in there during the day while she is working. We kind of wanted to work our sons name into the title. His initials are ETC...couple this with the rooms pseudo dedicated nature and you get..."Theater ETCetera".

Still playing with the logo and signage.

Keep em coming everyone.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My Theater was named when I was initially setting up the speaker and sub placements in my room. I had the interconnects and speaker wires running from the equipment racks in the back of my room all over the floor up to the speakers in front. My wife walked in and complained that the room looked like a snake pit. The name just stuck and that’s what we call it.

Earl

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well, it took me a while, but I came up with a name. "The SweetSpot" Nice logo BTW David.;)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Yep, some of us just are way to obsessed by this hobby!
Exactly.

Named mine the Driftwood because I live so close to the beach. Seemed fitting anyway.

Peace Out~:D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Been thinking about this for a while now and "think" I've decided on a name..... Got it from watching LOTR! :)

I think I'm going to go with "Shadowfax Theater" jsut because Shadowfax sounds so cool. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Chris-For some walk in music on movie nights you need to go get some cd's by "Shadowfax"on Windham Hill Records. You know in keeping with the theme and all.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Chick Magnet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pgervais
Or you can decide to design around a theme, like my Jedi Theater for instance.
Just wanted to let you know that your theater rocks. I with that I had the time/money to have some of that painting done in my HT.

Yes, my name is Clay and I'm a SW geek.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.