Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the Pioneer 7000.

I do like it, however, a friend had bought the Panasonic E20 months b4. He sent me a DVD-R recorded in the 4 hour mode, and it plays on every DVD player I've tried. the quality is pretty good (for my purposes).

Now, the Pioneer 7000 has a long play recording mode also, but only on DVD-RW discs. And the recordings cannot be played on ANY of the players I've tried.

I know this is due to at least two things:

Most players cannot play DVD-RW.

Most players cannot play the file format (it's not VOB).

(Had I known this I never would have purchased the 7000, but I cannot return it now).

In fact, of my two computers, only one can recognize the files on these discs!

So my question is: is there any way to convert these files to VOB's and record them onto DVD-R?

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Your DVD-RW will play in almost and DVD player as long as you record it in Video Mode. If you record in VR Mode it will play in some players like Panny RP91, RA60 and Pioneer DV-47A. It is true that in Video Mode Pioneer only let you record 2 hours. I heard that there might be a firmware upgrde for 7000 to enable longer recording in Video Mode or on DVD-R. It is because new Pioneer already out in Japan allows longer recording time.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
" I heard that there might be a firmware upgrde for 7000 to enable longer recording in Video Mode or on DVD-R."

That would be so awesome!!!

However, my experience has been that very few DVD players will play DVD-RW. I went into Best Buy (a large electronics chain) about 9 months ago and tested about 20 players.

Only one would play it. A Panasonic RV31 (I bought it).

As for the players you listed that will play VR recordings, I had heard that. but arent they relatively expensive ($400+)?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.