AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the differences between the Panasonic CT34WX53 and the CT-34WX52? It seems the older '52 costs more money? I was wondering why.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The CT-34WX53 has DVI input, the 52 does not. Tilt correction is no longer a user-adjustable feature in the menu in the 53. Updated styling on the 53 as well. I think the picture is improved in the 53 over the 52 as well. I was all set to buy a 34" Sony 510 set until I saw it side by side with the 34WX53. Price was no object, but the Panasonic had noticably finer detail when viewed simultaneously with the same material from a 480p component source. I've always loved Sony picture on their direct-views, but damn if I'm not thrilled with the 34wx53. Really must be seen to be appreciated. IMHO Panasonic has made a serious turnaround with this set... The lower price point this year is just a sweet bonus. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
You are correct, pixel888, with regards to the X53 vs X52.

I own this set, now for about 3 weeks, and really like it. Watching DVD is unreal. My DirectTv/Tivo can occationally look grainy, but I think this is common with any high end tv using non-HD signal. "Better" channels look awesome (HBO, for example, looks better than my locals). I used DVE to tune in the color, and I am very pleased.

S

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Is there a difference in the audio? I've been reading various spec sheets and descriptions and there seems to be some descrepancy as to how many speakers each one has.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Of that, I am not certain. I play the audio through my stereo system, and a center channel speaker, so I have the speakers off.

Good luck!

S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.