AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

One must remember that the Marquee projectors were developed as high-end computer displays; great video playback is a bonus. Certain visualization applications called for scan rates exceeding 130khz; the Ultra was introduced in 1998 to meet those needs by offering 152khz and some added geometry controls such as vertical skew and top-only keystone. The tubes, lenses, and signal path remain the same as the earlier Marquees; these components have the same part numbers as earlier Marquees. I would not expect to see many 9500 Ultras available used since this is the most recent version; one might expect to pay $12K to $18K depending on the condition of the tubes.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Three new nine inch LC tubes, ordered 'less magnetics', totals $8250, plus shipping, plus labor to install, so $9K + or - a few bucks. One would need to test and fix the filament voltage problem in the low voltage power supply, modify the vertical module for short raster heights needed with HDTV and anamorphic material, chip-up the software to v3.3 minimum, and have me modify the lvps for reduced fan noise :D

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
John,

Gt-17 indicates the "middle range" of lenses for the liquid coupled Marquees. The coupling between the 'C' element and the 'B' element creates a halo effect around the edges of the image. The regular HD-10L's are used up to 110", then you switch to the GT-17's for screens 110" to about 180", then there's one more set on top of that to take you to 300". This combo keeps that halo towards the outside fringes of the image, in addition to providing the necessary focus range for the screen size being projected. I actually helped E-home identify this problem when the very 1st liquid coupled Marquees came out. 6 months or so after we had engineers from E-home fly out to see what we were seeing, they came up with this solution, and it has been effect ever since.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'll let you know when I'll receive the 9500 GT17 I've just bought from Hammerhead. As far as now, they've answered very fast to my email.

So I'm in search: anyone has the Marquee 9500 service manual?

Thanks for your help,

Andrea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.