Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLV-60 + sony Dvd-725D + humax CI-5100I sattelite receiver

I see a noticiable difference between how look the dvd and how look the dtv and I see films in dtv and sports ,and what i do for improve this?.

I have connect dvd by component and the sattelite by s-video.

and long time to touch the adjustments for improve this and when I compare two images is to much the difference the dvd is pure cinema

and the dtv not is very good.

And for what i want the avia for adjust the dvd and after the other

source need other adjusts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am not familiar with the Sony 725 dvd player, but if it outputs a progressive signal, it will look better than the interlaced satellite feed through s-video... that is a fact.

Part of the problem is that the internal scaling software in the projector is not very good. Get an external scaler/line doubler/tripler and connect all of your sources into the scaler and I think you'll be very happy with the result.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not familiar with the Sony 725 dvd player, but if it outputs a progressive signal, it will look better than the interlaced satellite feed through s-video... that is a fact.

---------------------------------------------

the european system pal is only interlaced by the moment the progresisive signal not is posible in pal system from dvd.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the review of this projector by in thebigpicturedvd say than internal procesing of plv-60 not is too bad.

But I don't understand because is this difference,because the progresive don't this.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Keep in mind also that a DVD's (not counting the budget ones) are optimized to have the best quality picture possible. They have 480 lines of resolution. And, as others have said, if you have a progressive player that's a big plus as well. Even if you don't, the non-progressive component connection will have a subtle improvement over S-Video.

I can't speak for your satellite system, but in the states DirecTV is about 420 lines at best, and it's not typically at its best. Originally, picture quality was quite good. Now they overcompress everything to squeeze more channels into the bandwidth. Still an improvement, IMO, over cable, but a far cry from DVD.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.