AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to bid on a couple of ECP4500Plus's tomorrow at an auction. I am familiar with the 4500 (have one hanging from the ceiling) but don't know what is different about the Plus version. Anyone know? Thanks.

Cary

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hey Cary. Cool...more Frankin' projectors ;)

Prejectorspecs.com list them as the same. Extron's catalog (albeit an older one) doesn't list a 4500 plus...only the 4500. However, it has a 4100 and a 4100P43. It also has a 4101 and a 4101P43. Assuming the P is for "plus" the only thing additional is a 9 pin ttl input. Everything else specs the same.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
No I think its a 9 pin ttl like on the extron boxes.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
It's just listed as TTL #1 so I am assuming...the redular 4100 and 4100 don't show that they have this.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hey, on a total tangent...did you use anything special for the pots we talked about earlier? RS?

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Radio Shack. Which is probably why they only went to 87k when they were marked for 100k :)

I shouldn't hack the shack. Where else can you find an 87k pot 2 miles from your house?

Cary

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I here ya! Do I hear another DigiKey order?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The sales sheet I have for the 4501plus lists the brightness at 1005 lumes @ 10% white and the 4501 non plus is 725 lumens (10% peak white). As I remeber this was done by a change in the sony tubes that they put into the plus. I can email you a pdf of the sales sheet if you like.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Interesting...I can't debate the lumens 'cause I don't know :) but I thought they both used 07MS tubes?

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Just for the heck of it I looked it up and other ECP's that have the plus designation resulted in a increased scaning rate. The 2500 scans to 50 KHz, add the plus and it goes to 54 KHz. The 3500 scans to 62 KHz add the plus and it goes to 72 KHz (puts it in the graphics catagory). However the 4500 scans to 90 KHz add the plus and it is still at 90 KHz, so there may be something to the additional lumens output.

Chip S.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't shoot me if I'm wrong here, since I'm not really certain, but doesn't the plus models carry the ACON option as standard?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
No, the acon is indicated by changing the last number in the model to a 1...ie 4000=4001, 4500=4501, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, since I won the auction, I'll be finding out what's in them tomorrow.

Searching this forum I found a thread describing that the tubes in the 4500+ are 07MTS (I even responded to this thread and must have forgotten).

So, if it uses 07MTS and has higher light output, maybe the HVPS is different??

Cary

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like these 4500+ PJs have 07MS tubes in them. Hmmm. Does this mean that they've been retubed and the 07MS are compatible with 07MTS??

Cary

·
Registered
412 Posts
I checked out Eric Lang's site (he now also has Electrohome specs) and all the specs are the same except the price. BTW, the tubes are listed as 07MS and the lumens at 725. So what did you get for the extra $1,000 in the list price? :confused:

Take care.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pretty wierd. I got one 4100 and three 4500+'s. The 4100 has 07MS tubes. No prob (and they look "minty fresh" as Curt would say).

Two of the 4500+'s have 07MS tubes, which I didn't expect.

One of the 4500+'s has 07MTS tubes. The only thing that I can tell that's different from any other ECP I've seen (besides the 07MTS tubes, never seen those) is the yokes. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. There's a lot more wire wound up into a much larger coil for the convergence yoke. Pretty neat.

Cary

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hey Cary, I have 2 different yokes as well. M NEWMAN wasn't sure of the difference, but we surmised that one must have been for SD tubes and the other for 07s. Post you pic & I'll compare it to mine.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is a *third* type of yoke. It's different than the older SD187-type yokes. It looks like the newer yokes (small gap between deflection and convergence) but the convergence coil is way oversized compared to the others. I'll take a pic this weekend and post it. It's pretty odd looking.

Cary

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
That sounds different than mine. Mine has a much larger "ring" that goes against the back of the CRT...maybe 5" instead of the normal 3-3.5. This does cause the deflection yoke to become wider and flatten out some, but the convergence yoke is the same. I got this yoke on an extra Sd187 tube I bought...but the two yokes are bonded togethter from teh factory indicating that it was an 07 yoke? It doesn't look dranstically different, other than that forward most piece of plastic. I haven't held it side by side even though I told Mike I would and take a pic. I'm insterested to see what your looks like.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.