AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am looking into buying a new HDTV, and came across the LG 47LE5400. I have done my fair share of research on it, and I think it is the TV I am going to get. I love the fact it has an IPS panel.

Today I was looking at some sale papers, and saw that there is an LE5500. I have been searching around the internet this afternoon, but couldn't find what the (major) differences are between the LE5400 and the LE5500.

I looked at one comparison spec sheet online, and the major differences were the LE5400 had a 2.6ms response time and 4x10 watt speakers, while the LE5500 has 2.4ms response time, 2x10 watt speakers, and more input connections.

Before I make my purchase, I was curious as to what your opinion is on these 2 sets? I am guessing they are very similar, but is there any reason I should go with a 5400 over a 5500 or vice versa?

Thank you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
polite bump (only because I am thinking of going out to make a purchase today)

I have done comparisons on these two sets on newegg, but I honestly don't know enough about this stuff to judge the major differences/benefits.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I just did the comparison on the LG website, and it says the 5500 is local dimming. I am guessing the 5400 is edge-lit?

The 5500 also has a higher contrast ration 5mil:1 vs 4mil:1, but I dont know how big of a difference that would make and if I would even notice it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.