AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would love to kow as well.

I bought the Mi1Da adapter from digital connections, and can't put my wire cover over top of the end connector of the DVI and the adapter.

Does anyone know where I can get 15-20 foot DVI male to M1 Da male???

Cheers,

Requis

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are you referring to the DVI/P&D adaptor? I am building my theater and would prefer to run a straight DVI cable in the wall so I am not limited by manufacturer later if I change projectors. I plan to install a 7200 as soon as the next round of rebates come out:D

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Just make sure you buy a "D" capable cable. There are some P&D - DVI-A cables out there and those won't work on the IF7200.

I just lost a lot of time trying to plug-in my HTPC to my IF7200 with one of those cables. :(

Anybody having any luck finding a P&D - DVI-D 5m (15 feet) cable?

Since that's the physical limit, I can't believe nobody's making them...

-eric

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Hi All,

Frankly I'm a very confused by the various flavors of DVI, but especially with regard to mating DVI cables with the InFocus P&D (AKA M1 DA) input. Furthermore I don't have the foggiest idea of what the difference is between single link and dual link DVI cables.

I plan on purchasing an InFocus ScreenPlay 7200 and in preparation I prewired my home theater with various video cables including DVI. I had always received good service and quality from BetterCables, so I ordered from them. They had a 9 meter Dual Link DVI-D cable.

I knew that the InFocus projector used a different input connector and I figured I would need some sort of adapter. I saw the Digital Connections' DVI-D Receptacle to P&D Digital Plug Adapter , and figured that I would probably order one of those when the time came to install the projector.

Anyway, tonight just out of curiousity I started checking out various web sites selling DVI adapters to see if I could get some background on the DVI subject. I found a company called DVIGear. They were selling an adapter which appeared to be the same as Digital Connection's. Here's a link to it:

DVI-D Female to P&D / M1 Male. I was dismayed to read their remark:

Quote:
This adapter will ONLY work with single link connections. Dual link is not supported.
So, to get to my question, is anyone using Dual Link DVI-D cable to connect to an InFocus ScreenPlay 7200? Can anyone explain to me the difference in single versus dual link cables as it relates to the InFocus projector? Am I going to have to replace the Dual Link?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Larry,

I use the adapter with Dual Link cables as we don't sell any single link.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Hi Kei,

Thanks very much!!

I guess I can stop worrying now, and just order the "InFocus Do-Hickey" as you call it. ;)

Before I discovered this thread I sent an email to your "Questions?" email address. I see that someone at Digital Connections just read my message, perhaps it was you. If so, please don't bother responding again.

Thanks again.

Larry

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Larry,

I don't know why but my e-mail stopped coming in at about 4:30PM today, then all of a sudden all the missing e-mails showed up about an hour ago. I guess we had a server problem. I saw your post and e-mail at about the same time. I'm staring to hate e-mail. Even with filters, 80% of all incoming e-mails are spam.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Hi Kei,

Yeah, ain't technology great! But, I guess we shouldn't knock it, without it we'd be watching "home theater" on 13" black & white TV's, and you'd be in a different business. :D

By the way, I got a response from DVIGear. They said that their adapter wouldn't handle two video channels for high bandwidth/resolution applications, but it will work fine with dual link cables.

Thanks again.

Larry

·
Registered
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by glenned
You can get a 4" pigtail DVI to M1DA adapter for $23 at www.lindy.com that will allow you to use the Infocus Cable Cover. This allows you to use a standard DVI-D cable to supply the PJ.
I have this connector and no longer needed. PM me if interested!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.