AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me start with - I'm a newbie. I don't know much, but I've started my education in the audio/video world.

I'm starting to build a HT system that will see 50% of it's use for 2ch music. I've got the TV (Samsung 50in DLP), and I'm now starting to build the rest of it.

I've decided to go with B&W 703 mains, HTM7 centre, undecided on rears and the sub will come next year.

Since the TV and speakers are new I thought I'd do a little cost cutting on the processor and amps until I have a few extra bucks to upgrade. For the amps I'm going with a Rotel RB-1080 for the two fronts and a Rotel RB-993 for the centre and rear channels.

I'm undecided on the processor, more from lack of knowledge than anything else. The speakers were easy - pick what sounds good to me. TV was easy - pick the 50inch I liked. The amps I was uncertain, but they had good reviews and the RB-1080 seemed to work well with the B&W 703's I demo'd.

So, back to my original question. What's the difference between the RSP-1066 and RSP-1068. Will I be missing anything important by going with the 1066? Excluding the available software upgrades.

Any other recommendations are more than welcome.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.