Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greets!

Just a quick question: what's the difference between the Barco 1209s and 1209/2 models? Which is the later model and which one offers the best picture control, etc.?

Thanks!

·
Registered
609 Posts
never mind!

·
Registered
968 Posts
To me the 's' generally means it probably has newer electronics and can do things like accept component video directly. Its not really a Sony tube indicator. The BD808s has MEC tubes as does the later BG1208s and I think all 1209 models.

Mark

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
In addition to accepting component input and some other upgrades (noticeably additional adjustments) I believe the S models of the 1209 have Schimpflug (I am probably butchering the spelling). Regular 1209 models do not have Schimpflug though I am not sure about the 1209/2 models. All 1208 models, plain, S, and /2 have Schimpflug.

secstate

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Kal

I have 2 BG 1208s/2's 1997/1998 vintage and both have scheimplflug adjustment on them

Different tubes in each, both MEC, PT18/P16ln BTW

What year was your manufactured?

David

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So how important is scheimpflug, anyway? I've had no experience with it, so I wouldn't know. And does anyone know if 1209/2 really has this adjustment?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quote:
So how important is scheimpflug, anyway? I've had no experience with it, so I wouldn't know.
Cornerfocus on my bg1209/2 is excellent, but I belive it depends on distance to screen.

Other barco models (data at most) uses shims between lens and frame, so with the correct number of shims, the cornerfocus should be the same, as the lenses and crt's are the same.

Quote:
And does anyone know if 1209/2 really has this adjustment?
Yep - as I wrote earlier in this thread - the bg1209/2 does not have scheimpflug.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.