AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran out of HDMI ports on my AVR. I had to connect my dvd player directly to my sony 60a2000 tv using component. For some reason, occasionally dvds gets broken interlacing artifacts when connected using component converting to hdmi on my pioneer AVR when scaling.

Questions is, when the player does the interlacing to 480p and the tv scales it to 1080p native, there shouldn't be any difference then the player sending out 1080p correct??? I did some testing yesterday, if there was any difference I didn't see it. Just want the best pq possible.

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse /forum/post/16934242

Ran out of HDMI ports on my AVR. I had to connect my dvd player directly to my sony 60a2000 tv using component. For some reason, occasionally dvds gets broken interlacing artifacts when connected using component converting to hdmi on my pioneer AVR when scaling.

Questions is, when the player does the interlacing to 480p and the tv scales it to 1080p native, there shouldn't be any difference then the player sending out 1080p correct??? I did some testing yesterday, if there was any difference I didn't see it. Just want the best pq possible.

Deinterlacing to 480p is the hard part with DVD. Scaling is an easier task and I would expect players and display to be more equal in their capabilities there.

-Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.