AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a noticable difference in high gain white screens and grey screens when the projector in not in use, and what i mean is

--is the high gain white screen going to stand out in room much more then a grey screen or do they look simiiar when not in use?

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I don't think this question has ever come up. I would say that it depends on your room's color scheme. I have dark grey walls. When I've owned a high contrast/grey screen material, the screen blends better into the room. A white screen framed by black frame in a dark room will stand out.

Please tell me you are not going to make a screen material decision based on how it looks in your room with the lights on???? The projector's brightness and ability to produce black levels should be some of the factors to determine the screen material...but that is a different thread topic.

PS: You started a thread comparing state of LCD vs. DLP, I linked a recent thread that basically covers the same topic. If you haven't read it, it would probably answer most of the questions you have.

·
Registered
522 Posts
This might sound strange, but some people prefer white simply because most people expect to see a white screen - seeing an off-white/grey screen looks out of place - to the point where one of my ex's kept on trying to wash one of my older more grey screens, thinking it was dirty!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts