AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm tossed between the 2910 and the 3910. my main concern is the audio difference. i'm using a b&k ref 50, so i have no need for the denon link. it seems that the audio specs on these two are very similar, other than the bass management on the 3910. is it worth the extra feww hundred dollars for the 3910 if the audio is more important than the video? i'm leaning to the 2910, but would appreciate any input.

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I would say the 3910 has way better audio and slighty better pic. it also seems to have less macro blocking. better buiild quality. they both are good players i would get the 3910 which i now have. the 3910 is pretty equal to the 5900 as you may know was a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
16,166 Posts
The 3910 has better audio DACs than the 2910 (which has the same DACs as the 2200). But if you are using your receiver's DACs, then it wouldn't matter.

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by evdean
i'm tossed between the 2910 and the 3910. my main concern is the audio difference. i'm using a b&k ref 50, so i have no need for the denon link. it seems that the audio specs on these two are very similar, other than the bass management on the 3910. is it worth the extra feww hundred dollars for the 3910 if the audio is more important than the video? i'm leaning to the 2910, but would appreciate any input.

thanks
I think there is a pretty big thread on jus this topic, which should provide the answers you are looking for. If you look towards the top right side of each forum there is a search current threads that gives you quick access to specific threads that you are looking for.....the great advantage of using the search instead of posting first is you'll usually find your answers right away (assuming the topic has been covered) vs waiting for others to respond to your post.

I used the search and found this post:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=2910

Now if you need a more specific answers, you can also use the search within the thread itself to narrow the focus to your specific wants and needs

Welcome to the forum

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.