AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to upgrade my receiver and was wondering what the difference is in the subject HDMI connection. Please remember when replying that you are talking to someone who is not highly experienced in these sort of things so please keep the lingo at common sense levels for my sake. One thing I should add. I am about 60/40 HT over audio but as you can see audio (2 channel) is very important to me as I listen to a lot of music and would like a receiver that will do 2 channel stereo well also.

Also if you have any receiver suggestions please list them. My budget is $400-$600 (Used Prices, I prefer to buy used as I can get more bang for the buck). Thank you for trying to help me.

Golffnutt

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
geez... a bit of patience... i suppose you hit into people too???

the difference between 1.3 and 1.3a from a end-user perspective is "there is no difference"... if you want to know more, here's the hdmi resource site ...

in that price range, you could do a lot worse than a pioneer sc-05... but frankly, pick one that costs in that range, and it should do whatever you want it to... if there's specific features you are looking for, then look in the thread for individual models and there is a wealth of information there outlining what features really work and which ones are marketing fluff...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj /forum/post/16911377

geez... a bit of patience... i suppose you hit into people too???

the difference between 1.3 and 1.3a from a end-user perspective is "there is no difference"... if you want to know more, here's the hdmi resource site ...

in that price range, you could do a lot worse than a pioneer sc-05... but frankly, pick one that costs in that range, and it should do whatever you want it to... if there's specific features you are looking for, then look in the thread for individual models and there is a wealth of information there outlining what features really work and which ones are marketing fluff...

Thanks for the reply Chris. Actually no I do not hit into people, whatever that means. I am just getting ready for bed and was hoping to get some feedback before I went to bed, sorry if I offended you or anyone else as I very much appreciate everyone's time and knowledge in replying to my posts.

I did not think there was much if any difference I just wanted to make sure. I guess there is a big difference between 1.2 and 1.3 in what the receiver will decode as far as far as the new lossy hd audio formats? To be safe I guess I need to make sure whatever receiver I buy is 1.3 I guess.

Thanks again Chris for your time and knowledge in helping me understand my question. Have a good evening and I hope your shoulder does not get a bruise on it from my hitting it, LOL.

Golffnutt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts