AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there much of a difference in movies shot with HD/digital cameras and movies that have been transferred/upgraded to HD-dvd?

I would think that movies shot digitally would be better but Im not sure as Im not expert at this.

·
Registered
719 Posts
From what I read about the Digital Genesis camera, directors are slightly afraid to use it. I have also read that it might not be easy to get the pallette how you want it. So I think that the old way is still best.

Wikipedia....
Quote:
However there are as yet unanswered questions about the resultant color quality, since single-chip NTSC and PAL color cameras using the exact same color-stripe sampling technique have always performed poorly compared to equivalent 3-chip models.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_(Panavision)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of Star Wars EpII and III as I know those were done with all digital cameras. I was curious to see the difference in PQ in the Cinemax HD versions and the Hd-dvd counterparts.

However I dont expect to see them in HD until the year 2020 when HD is obsolete.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I thought that old filmas could always look as good as anything shot with digital cameras because "Film" Has a much, much higher resolution then 1080 tvs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts