AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for comments on the differences between Perm Wall, Da Snap, Cinema Contour and Imager. Will be using with a Sony HS10 projector. I will permanently mount the screen (probably HCCV fabric) but cannot figure out the principal differences on the frames. I do need rare access behind the screen (wiring).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Here you go:

Permwall: 1" square frame, material has webbing and snaps sewn into it-snaps are visible from the front.

DaSnap: 1.5" square frame, painted black or ProTrim added, frame covers snaps of mateiral.

Cinema Contour: 3" wide frame with beveled edge, similar to DaSnap.

The Imager was designed for use with the ProImager masking systems. It really is not something that people would buy alone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Jason,

Do you have measurements (rough is fine) on the mounting hardware for the Da-Snap ?

I'm considering suspending it from a wire shelving system that's located behind where the screen will be...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Jason, are the mounting brackets for the frames adjustable, i.e. can you position the frame where you want it, and then position the mounts so that they line up with the studs in the wall? So that I don't have to move the whole screen around to suit my studs? Any pictures of the frames and mounting system someone can link to? Thanks!

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
The mounting hardware for the screens are sort of tough to describe, but here goes. There is a long s-curved metal bracket. This mounts to the wall. Then the frame slides on top of the curved out part. This allows for the screen to be moved side to side without having to move the brackets. The frames are relartively light weight, so you don't necessarily have to catch the studs.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.